Who doesn’t want more fun at work? As we watch movies of work environments from a few years ago, the scenes show row on row of desks with workers whose heads are down with no respite until a scheduled break. Maybe some of these work scenarios still exist for some companies but not for the more ‘enlightened’ leaders. Some companies now have employees whose function is to create new traditions to increase connection and belonging. Most would agree that happy people do better work! Below are a few ideas that you can implement to be a “happy employee influencer!”
Create “happiness-boosting traditions” with your coworkers…
1. If you are taking a ‘walk-about’ break, have a conversation with someone you don’t know well.
2. Make your workspace a place you enjoy being at.
3. Compliment someone every day.
4. Check in with your colleagues and your network.
5. Be generous with offers to help.
6. Share ideas generously.
7. Say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and ‘I appreciate you.’